Last updated September 2021
David Ellis Events is an upscale catering and event planning company. We offer full-scale, turnkey events for private and corporate clients, including but not limited to small dinner parties, bar mitzvahs and bat mitzvahs, milestone celebrations, weddings, and gala fundraisers. We do it all – providing comprehensive event services and execution services such as event planning, gourmet chefs, wait staff, and similar. We contract with third parties to provide extensive rental capacity, including tents, tables, chairs, and dishware, as well as entertainment, lighting, tech and other event-specific services, as needed by the client. We also provide goods such as food and beverage, decorative items, floral arrangements, and party favors.
1. Application of this Privacy Statement
2. Information We Collect
We collect information to constantly improve the services we provide to our customers. Specifically, we may collect some limited information from either through the following channels:
- Users may sign up on our Site, and if they choose to do so, they will be required to provide their e-mail address and phone number at minimum through the “Contact Us” function. Other information may be shared by a user based on their purpose for communicating with us;
- Users may provide their e-mail addresses to receive communications from us such as e-mails and marketing materials;
- Users may provide their residential or business addresses to receive traditional or “snail” mail correspondence from us;
- Our Site features ordering functionality where certain user information is requested and/or required to complete orders, book services, indicate preferences, schedule meetings, and similar;
- We may from time to time collect automatically-collected information when you access our services (“Usage Data”), such as browser information, link interaction with our products, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and any other usage information collected from cookies and other tracking tools. We may also, when you enable location-based services, collect Global Positioning System (“GPS”) location data and/or motion data.
We use “Cookies” to optimize our services. Cookies are files with small amounts of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers, to make your use of a website faster and more enjoyable. Types of cookies include:
- Preference Cookies:Preference Cookies are used to recall your preferences and different settings, as well as to increase the quality and convenience of your experience with our Site;
- Security Cookies:Security Cookies are used to enhance your security when using our Site; and
- Session Cookies: Session Cookies are used to operate our Site.
Cookies are sent to your browser from our Site and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Our Site uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve your use of our Site. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, by changing the preferences inside of your browser of choice, and to know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some or all portions of our Site.
4. Information Disclosure
We limit any disclosure of information we have collected about you to certain narrow purposes. We do not purposely sell your information. We may from time to time share your information for the following legitimate business purposes:
TO COMPLY WITH LAWS OR TO PROTECT RIGHTS OF USERS
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to a legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
TO ASSIST THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
TO PERFORM ANALYSIS AND MARKETING STRATEGIES WITH OTHER THIRD PARTIES
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
TO TRANSFER ASSETS IN THE EVENT OF SALE OR BANKRUPTCY
TO UTILIZE API INTEGRATION WITH SOCIAL MEDIA PROVIDERS
5. Our Stance on Contact with You
We may from time to time contact you to remind you about something related to the Site or to inform you of other great services we have in the works through “push notifications” or similar methods. Additionally, we may compile lists of certain customers based on their preferences, in order to tailor the marketing and promotional campaigns of David Ellis Events in the most beneficial manner. We may also contact our users in other ways such as e-mail or traditional or “snail” mail with promotional materials, newsletters, and coupons or deals. In any case where we communicate with you, you will be provided an “opt-out” option if you do not wish to take advantage of these communications.
6. How We Keep Your Personal Information Safe
We use industry-standard administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against every interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide us your information.
7. Your Rights with Regard to Information We Collect about You
You have the following rights with regard to information about you:
- The right of access (you can request us to provide you verbally or in writing with the type of information we store about you and we have up to one month to respond to your request).
- The right to rectify any Personally Identifiable Information that is inaccurate.
- The right to erasure (some conditions apply, see Section Data Retention Policy, below).
- The right to restrict processing of your Personally Identifiable Information, however, if you restrict us from processing a part of your Personally Identifiable Information that is essential to our provision of services, you may be asked to stop using our services.
- The right to data portability; which allows users of our Site to obtain and reuse their Personally Identifiable Information for their own purposes as they see fit, including across different other services; you may request us to transmit your Personally Identifiable Information directly from our servers to another company’s servers and we will do so, where it is technically feasible.
- The right to object; you may express your objection verbally or in writing and we have up to one month to respond to any such objection; we might may still continue processing your Personally Identifiable Information if we are able to show that we have a compelling reason for doing so.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or that affects you significantly.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights or have any questions about your rights, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
8. Data Retention Policy
Your Personally Identifiable Information will be erased when:
- It is no longer needed for its original processing purpose;
- You withdraw your consent for us to store your information;
- There is no justified reason for the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information and you object to our processing of your Personally Identifiable Information; or
- Erasure of your Personally Identifiable Information is required in order to fulfill a statutory obligation under the EU, US, EU Member State or state law.
Under any of the above-mentioned circumstances, we will make sure your Personally Identifiable Information is erased. You may request us to erase your Personally Identifiable Information verbally or in writing and we have up to one month to respond to any such request.
9. General Compliance with Laws
10. Policy Regarding Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of eighteen (18) unless the children have been granted permission by their parents to use our Site. If you become aware of any data that we have collected from children under age eighteen (18), please contact us using the contact information provided below.
11. Contact Us
For questions or concerns related to privacy, we can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, or, by sending written correspondence to:
David Ellis Events
1121 Springfield Road
Union, New Jersey 07083.